Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing # 10

Yeah, we're back to some fun!!I thought this soup generator was cute and silly. Had to use it! The wanted poster is just as great. Kids can use this one easily after learning about a famous person. Their text at the bottom of the poster can be to describe what that famous person is most known for. This one was from http://www.imagechef.com/. I've also used http://www.wordle.net/ in class for the same purpose. My students researched a famous Texan and then created a wordle for them. Remember that the more you use a certain word, the larger that word will appear in the wordle. So, the characteristics the kids think are most important will need to be repeated more so that trait appears larger. This could easily be used at the beginning of the year to to help introduce students to the rest of the class. It's quick and easy.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see a sample of the famous Texan Wordle...do you have one handy you could put up here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Wanted Poster, glad you put it up, I am going to go back and try it out.

    ReplyDelete