Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thing # 6




Although I didn't know what mashups were, I have been using them with my students this year. We used Mosaic Maker at the beginning of the school year to help teach our classmates about ourselves. Then we displayed them at Open House and parents had to try and guess which mosaic belonged to who. The kids and parents loved it. This mosaic is the one I used to introduce mosaics to the class. We also used trading cards and magazine covers for various assignments as well.

3 comments:

  1. this is a great use of mosaic.I would love more details...do you have any samples anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing really great diving into 23 Things....keep up the good work...the big thing as you go through is to think how you can use it with your students.....I found when I went through the process....I would read others comments on their blogs to get more ideas....this whole thing is amazing....can't wait to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using the mosaic maker for an intro activity. As a campus SIS I am already thinking about ways to introduce this tool to the teachers on my campus so they can begin using it with their students. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete