Monday, June 21, 2010

11.5- Thing #1

I loved how the student received permission to mimic commoncraft. I love their short, simple, and funny videos! The video the student created was simple, yet very informative. I think the idea of "connectivism" is becoming more common. The teacher is a guide, a helper. I feel it allows for students to take more control of their learning. When students have more control of their learning, that fosters learning so that they will become adults who will continue their learning even though they are no longer in school. LIFELONG LEARNERS!!! Yes, librarians AND classroom teachers can be this guide, I unfortunately don't see classroom teachers being able to take this role on so easily due to testing pressures, TEKS, and other such restrictions, but hopefully that will change in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment