Monday, June 21, 2010

11.5- Thing #10

I joined a virtual world, named an avatar, learned to walk and sit and talk and then explored. I used one of the free sites: Frenzoo. I wasn't that into it. I'd rather talk with people in person. That's one of the reasons why I don't like to use the phone, but that's just me. I know my students have experience with virtual worlds because they have shown me in the classroom and they communicate with each other through the virtual world as well as in person because they will tell each other to go to a specific room or place in the world. I can see how it can be used education wise and how it might give some students a bit more confidence, but I am just not that excited about it. I don't plan on using this Thing in my room unless my students are really into it and then I will because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment