Monday, June 21, 2010

11.5- Thing #8

I really like using Screencast-O-Matic. I know my video is not the best, but I want to keep it on my blog so I remember how truly easy it was to use even without any prep. I didn't rehearse or play around with the site before I did this so I could really tell how easy it was to use and whether my students would have difficulty. There was some squeaking here and there, but I didn't use fancy equipment either. I just used my district laptop with its own internal microphone which is good since I won't have to worry about extra equipment for my students. I'm really excited. I had tried Jing before and didn't like how I had to download the software and my computer wouldn't let me, blah, blah, blah. I totally recommend Screencast-O-Matic!! I will be able to have my students do this to model technology skills, to evaluate web sites, have a screen shot of a poster or photo and have students present info., editing skills...I can't wait to use this in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. You made Screen-o-Matic look user-friendly. I am not doing 11 1/2 Things right now, but I will have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete